Monday, November 10, 2008

every day of life teaches you something else, right?

but really it does.

I don't know if I just have an overly analytical mind or what, but it seems like the last few weeks have just given me too much to grasp... the historical election, time spent with my family, catching up with old friends, spending time with treasured friends... I sometimes just get so overwhelmed by the enormity of the little things.

I can't help but treasure the pedicures on a saturday afternoon with friends, finding friends who once were part of your everday- and seeing how life has shaped them, shopping with a friend whose friendship knows no time, and laughing with family who means more than I could describe... and the election- to even attempt to begin to describe the huge wall that was torn down on tuesday when obama was declared the next president of the united states... no matter where you stand on the political spectrum- it stands for hope for millions of people... to know that someone who has overcome so many obstacles has been chosen by his peers to lead this country gives hope to those under the burdens of life that they too can get out from under the heaviness that overwhelms them. they just have to keep working ...

it just one of those times to sit back and see all the pieces that comprise your life. amazing how the daily frustrations and drudgery can be wiped away when you take the time to appreciate the blessings.... and all of a sudden, life's not so bad.

happy start of the week....

No comments: